Please Note: Email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to feature you on Drawing Is Awesome!
If you’re interested in submitting a guest post, please this page to find what we’re looking for and how the process works.
We love to showcase meaningful, helpful, and inspirational content about art and drawing!
We want the stories from real people, just like you!
So whip out your keyboard, grab your sketchbook and your phone for some pics, and let’s do this!
Make sure you can say “YES” to these 3 questions about your post.
1) If someone saw this article, would they find it meaningful, helpful and/or inspiring?
2) If you found it online would you share it? Would your friends share it?
3) Have you added photos, graphics, or visuals?
If you answer “yes” to these questions, send it over!
1) Email your article to email@example.com .
2) We’d love to give you credit! If you’re interested, please include:
Image: A photo, self-portrait, or a drawing you feel represents ‘you’.
Bio: 2-3 sentences about yourself or your post.
Website: A link to your website if you have one.
If you’d rather remain anonymous, that’s totally OK. Just don’t include this information.
3) Images or pictures of drawings – (only images you have taken or have rights to). The higher the quality, the better! You can also include photos of any products you prefer using.
4) If selected, you may be invited for an opportunity for a monthly column at DIA.
5) Please paste the content of your post in the body of the email, and if you have one you can also give a link to a Google Doc.
6) Article can include no links to the writer’s website (aside from the link in the bio). This is not the platform to sell your products or services.
How to Format Your Submission
There’s just a few guidelines to follow to help get your post up sooner!
1) Make the subject of your email the title of your post, and include the author’s name if it’s not the sender of the email (you.)
2) Please attach all images to the email.
3) If you’d like credit please include your short bio and image.
4) Content should be a minimum 400 words.
5) Please have someone proofread and spell check your article before submitting.
6) Please submit only new content, not something which was previously posted elsewhere.
7) Once the post has been submitted we retain all rights. Published posts will remain published.
8) We retain the right to make any and all edits to the post. Not all submissions are published, though we thank you for your contribution.
We’re looking forward to seeing your awesome post! Not sure what to write? Keep reading for some great ideas!
What we love
- Drawing tutorials. We love step-by-step! Share how you created something
- A feature on a piece you created and what it means to you
- A story about how drawing makes you feel
- A story about why you draw
- Share how drawing helps you
- “How I discovered drawing” story
- “Why I started drawing again” story
- “How drawing helps me connect with my spiritual side” story
- “How drawing is my therapy” story
- Share about how art got you through a tough time
- Inspire us with what your artist studio or desk looks like
- A story about the person who inspired you to create
- Share about an artist who totally inspires you
- Tell us about your Dream Piece/Collection you’d love to create one day
- Some awesome “hacks” you found
- DIY gifts you can make
- “Show And Tell” – Show your art on display in your home
- Creative careers – Do you have one? Do you want one? Tell us about it!
- Share how you got more confidence in your drawing skills
- Tell about the tech or software you want to start using to draw
- Share a drawing or art tip which was a game changer for you – why and how!
- Interview a creative friend about their art
- How you are using social media to share your art
- What you’ve done to get more exposure for your creative work
- How you’ve made money through your creative work
- How to bust through creative block (even when you’re not feeling creative)
This is just a starter list. Other ideas always welcome!
We look forward to seeing your article! Please send it to our email address below: